- Plaza Board Centre respects users’ privacy rights and complies with all laws in respect of the handling of personal information, including collection, use, storage, sharing and
3. What personal information does Plaza Board Centre handle?
- Personal information that Plaza Board Centre collects, when users use the Website and join, access or use the Social Media Pages, may include the users’ full name, address, contact details, and payment information and any other information relating to users which Plaza Board Centre lawfully receives and which may be relevant to the use of the Website and/or the Social Media Pages or which is accessible on users’ own social media profiles which they connect with the Social Media
- If the information that Plaza Board Centre collects personally identifies users, or users are reasonably identifiable from it, Plaza Board Centre will treat it as personal
4. How does Plaza Board Centre collect users’ personal information?
Plaza Board Centre collects users’ personal information in various ways, namely:
- through their access to and use of the Website and/or Social Media Pages;
- through customer surveys; and
- when users communicate with Plaza Board Centre
5. What happens if Plaza Board Centre is not permitted to collect users’ personal information?
All personal information provided by users is provided voluntarily. However, if users do not provide Plaza Board Centre with personal information where Plaza Board Centre requires it, those users may not be able to purchase products, use Plaza Board Centre’s services, access the Website or join, access or use the Social Media Pages.
6. For what purposes does Plaza Board Centre handle user personal information?
Plaza Board Centre stores users’ personal information and handles it for the purposes of:
- carrying out any actions necessary for the conclusion or performance of the contract of the sale of products, when users purchase products on the Website; and
- updating its records; and
- processing and responding to any correspondence from users
- marketing, subject to clause
7. Who does Plaza Board Centre disclose user personal information to?
- Plaza Board Centre may disclose user personal information to:
- its employees, affiliates, contractors or third-party service providers in connection with the Website and/or Social Media Pages and sale of its products, including its hosting service providers;
- its insurers and our professional advisors, including its accountants, business advisors and consultants;
- new colleagues and the manager of any entity through which they operate if Plaza Board Centre merges, combines or divests a part of its business;
- law enforcement or regulatory bodies as required by law; and
- any other juristic or natural person for any authorised purpose with the user’s express consent.
- Plaza Board Centre undertakes never to sell users’ personal
8. Does Plaza Board Centre disclose users’ personal information to anyone outside South Africa?
- User personal information may need to be transferred to, or stored with, other members of the Adeo Group (of which Plaza Board Centre is a part) located outside of South Africa for some of the purposes listed
- Where users’ personal information is transferred outside of South Africa, the rights of users will continue to be respected and Plaza Board Centre will take all reasonable steps to ensure transferred personal information is kept secure and receives a similar or higher level of protection as that which it receives in South Africa
- Plaza Board Centre may handle users’ personal information to send users details of new
- These communications may be sent in various forms (including by post and by email) in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If users indicate a preference for a method of communication, Plaza Board Centre will endeavour to use that method where it is practical to do
- All of these communications will include information detailing the process of unsubscribing from (or opting out of) receiving the communications if users no longer wish to receive promotional material from Plaza Board Centre
10. How the Website and/or Social Media Pages work
- As the Website and Social Media Pages are accessible via the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, Plaza Board Centre cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of the transmission of information users communicate to Plaza Board Centre online. Plaza Board Centre also cannot guarantee that the information users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which users transmit to Plaza Board Centre online is transmitted at the users’ own
11. Security and data quality
- Plaza Board Centre may hold users’ personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. In both cases Plaza Board Centre takes reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when Plaza Board Centre is no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
12. How can users access and correct their personal information?
- Users have the right to contact Plaza Board Centre at any time requesting:
- confirmation that Plaza Board Centre has their personal information;
- access to the records containing their personal information or a description of the personal information that Plaza Board Centre holds about them; and
- the identity or categories of third parties who have had, or currently have, access to their personal
- When making a request Plaza Board Centre requires adequate proof of the users’ identity which will include providing a certified copy of their identity / registration
- Plaza Board Centre will try to provide users with suitable means of accessing information, where users are entitled to it, for example, posting or emailing it to
- There may be instances where Plaza Board Centre cannot grant users access to their personal information. For example, if their access would interfere with the privacy of others or would result in a breach of confidentiality, Plaza Board Centre may need to refuse access. If Plaza Board Centre refuses access, it will give written reasons for it
- If users believe that any personal information that Plaza Board Centre holds about them is inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, incomplete or misleading, users may request Plaza Board Centre to correct it. If users believe that any personal information that Plaza Board Centre holds about them is excessive or has been unlawfully obtained or that Plaza Board Centre is no longer authorized to retain the information, users may request that Plaza Board Centre destroys or deletes it. Plaza Board Centre will consider if the information requires correction, deletion or destruction and if Plaza Board Centre does not agree that there are grounds for action, users may request that Plaza Board Centre adds a note to the personal information stating that the user disagrees with it.
- Plaza Board Centre may charge a reasonable fee to cover its administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to users. Plaza Board Centre will not charge for simply making the request or for making any corrections to the personal
13. Unlawful access to users’ personal information
- If users believe that their personal information has been unlawfully accessed or acquired, they may contact Plaza Board Centre using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that Plaza Board Centre can investigate
- Plaza Board Centre will treat users’ complaints confidentially (unless otherwise required by law), investigate those complaints and aim to ensure that those complaints are resolved within a reasonable
14. Changes to users’ personal information
Should users’ personal information change, please inform Plaza Board Centre and provide it with all changes as soon as reasonably possible to enable Plaza Board Centre to update the personal information.